Thursday, July 2, 2009

Levels are good

Well, I had my first ultrasound today. Because of having Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, I have to see a RE (Reproductive Endocrinologist) throughout the first trimester, on a weekly basis. They just want to monitor me closely and make sure everything is ok. They took a blood sample (I swear I won't have any left by the time they're done with me!) and showed me a picture of the little bugger... you really couldn't see much of anything other than the yolk sac; they said that at 7 or 8 weeks there will be a much clearer image. It's amazing how fast the baby really does develop.

My hCG (which, for those who are not pregnancy-savvy yet, is human chorionic gonadatrophin) levels were apparently really good, at approximately 1600... which, given that they were at 190 when I first tested positive (God that makes me sound like Manny Ramirez!), I'd say things are coming along nicely. Apparently, the levels double every 48 hours, so I'm doing just fine. However, they do want me taking an extra progesterone supplement; my my levels are OK, but could be better, so I'm just getting a little synthetic assistance.

My next appointment is Friday the 10th, when I will be at approximately 6 weeks. My due date is now estimated at March 5th, 2010.

So, let's cross our fingers and hope for things to keep improving! Hang in there, Baby Rolston! We know you can do it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment