Sunday, October 18, 2009

Dear Baby...

My darling Tyler or Natalie,
This is the first of many letters I plan to write to you; while you are inside my tummy, and then once you are here with us in the world.
Today is the last day that I will have to refer to you as "it." Tomorrow morning, providing that you cooperate, Daddy and I will know you in a whole new way, and begin bonding with you on a new level. I don't think I've been this excited since the night before I married your Daddy! I am writing to ask you to please be a good little baby tomorrow morning and show us what we want to see! With parents like us, you are bound to be a stubborn little monkey, so I figured, let's nip this in the bud ahead of time. But, I need you to know how much Daddy and I are absolutely in love with you, and no matter what parts you reveal to us tomorrow, we can't wait to find out... even if you decide not to show us! I hope you've been hearing Daddy talk to you every night and every morning - he is SO excited to be your Daddy!!!
We are going to give you the most amazing life that we possibly can... you will be born into a wonderful, supportive family filled with love, and you will have the most incredible Grandparents you could ever ask for. Both your Nanas are going bonkers over you in their own ways... and I can't even imagine what it's going to be like once you are actually here. Granddad Pete and I are going to start teaching you how to play soccer (or football, as your Granddad might teach you to call it) as soon as you can walk, and Daddy can't wait to share all of his knowledge and skills with you too!
Daddy and I have agreed that we won't make it a habit of always calling you by your name, until you're actually here... but it sure will be fun to be able to pick out cute Flyers outfits, or purple dresses for you! (yes, baby, you hear that? If you are a girl, Mommy is joining Team Purple, NOT Team Pink!)
Anyway, I just wanted to make sure that you that we love you, and I can't wait to hold you in my arms and give you kisses and snuggles, and introduce you to your big brother Sammy! He is going to adore you too!
With all my love,
Mommy

1 comment: