Monday, September 21, 2009

Sunrise

It's been a long time since I've been up early enough to catch a proper sunrise. But today, at around 6:10 am, mother's intuition woke me, and I heard a strange sound coming from downstairs which saved me from my very bizarre dream... and I sat up only to find Sam walking into the room looking for me. I hurried downstairs to find the poor guy had gotten sick on the bottom two steps... he must have been coming up to get us, and couldn't quite make it. Awwww. It wasn't too bad of a mess; I was more worried about him! He kept trying to lick me and be comforted by my, and I felt badly but I wasn't interested in barfy kisses at that moment... In any case, I cleaned up his mess, and then let him go outside in case there was any residual sick that he had to get out. But he seemed OK. When he finally came in and I was ready to lie down on the couch for a few more minutes before rising to officially start my day, I realized I'd left the front storm door open. And this eerie peachy-pink light had begun to filter in the room. So I coaxed Sam to come out with me, and together we sat, on the front porch, watching the sun rise over the distant houses in our neighborhood. It was actually quite peaceful, and not something I've done in a very long time. I'm getting ready to kick off a very long, difficult week at work, and this was a good way to start that, even though I would have appreciated another hour's worth of sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment