Friday, September 4, 2009

My favorite time of the year...

September.is.awesome.
I love it. I always have. September to me means so many things. It means the promise of cool, crisp weather. It means the beginning of soccer season (which I sadly will not be able to physically participate in this year). It means the start of the Eagles season, which I know exhilarates Dave, and therefore, I am psyched by default. It means it's almost time to carve pumpkins, and for anyone reading this blog who knows me, you know that Pumpkin Weekend down in Maryland is my absolute favorite weekend of the year!!! I might need a little help lugging my pumpkin through the pumpkin patch this year, however!
It was this month that our four-legged son received his AKC Canine Good Citizen designation; after 6 weeks of training classes, he passed the test with flying colors! What this means is that, not only has Sammy proven to have good manners and behavior, but we can now begin even more rigorous training to eventually test him to be a therapy dog! We are so proud of him and feel so lucky to have such an awesome pet, and family member!
And finally, September this year also means that we've made it into the second trimester with this pregnancy, which is a huge milestone, and an even huger relief. I am feeling exceptionally well... sometimes I forget I am even with child, because I have so few symptoms at this point. I have been sleeping much better, and I attribute it to the cooler, less-humid air. I am not showing at all yet to the public eye, (though Dave and I can definitely tell there is a slight difference in my shape) and I still haven't had to don any maternity clothes, though I can definitely tell that my jeans are starting to get a little tighter around the waist... but all things considered, I feel great. Looking forward to my 16 week appointment next Monday, where I'll hopefully get to hear the baby's heartbeat again. :)
In any case, though I've had quite an enjoyable summer, I am thrilled that fall is just around the corner!!!

1 comment:

  1. yea, welcome to the 2nd trimester! I am patiently (ok maybe not so patiently!) waiting for the "easiness" of the 2nd tri to hit me...I'm ready for it!

    ReplyDelete