Monday, August 3, 2009

Dream a Little Dream

I don't know if it's the additional progesterone I'm taking, or just the fact that my hormones are all outta whack since I am pregnant, but boy have I been having weird dreams! Sometimes they are very vivid and realistic, sometimes they are just totally ridiculous and obscure. But typically when I first wake up, I remember them clearly. Sometimes, I'm so "into" them, I don't even want to wake up! These dreams range anywhere from being about the baby, to Jon Bon Jovi, to reunions with my estranged college friends, to random escapades in places I would probably never be... but I generally feel entertained by them. They are very seldom "bad" dreams, which is a relief. But often times I find myself recapping the dreams later that day... they will pop back into my head after I'd already forgotten about them. It's just very strange. I never used to be much of a dreamer at night.

But rarely do I have a dreamless night. Also rarely do I have a night of uninterrupted sleep, which at this point is frustrating. I wake up every night, whether it's to toss and turn for a few minutes, go to the bathroom, or just look at the clock and try to fall back into a state of rest. It's very frustrating... but I suppose it's my body prepping me for what's to come when Baby Rolston finally does get here! Everyone tells me to get as much sleep as possible now because it'll be non-existant once the baby gets here... that's what I'm TRYING to do! Grrrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment