Sunday, December 20, 2009

These are a few of my favorite things...

Starting at about 8 am this past Saturday, the snow began to fall. And didn't stop until sometime in the early morning hours on Sunday. We got a total accumulation of about 10 inches, though there are parts of the area that were pushing 16-18! Needless to say, I stopped at Target on Friday night, picked up the necessities for a snow-in, and hunkered down with Dave and Sammy to weather the storm.
Friday night I was slightly upset; I finally changed out of my work clothes, took off my shoes and socks, and found my ankles and feet to be so swollen... well, more swollen than I'd ever seen them. Now, I am well aware that swelling is one of the lovely things that goes along with pregnancy, however, this was disturbing. I'd rolled ankles in soccer games that didn't swell this severely. I also know that severe swelling can also indicate preeclampsia, and although I have no reason to worry about that now, it's still a concern, considering my mom had it with me!
But, the truth of the matter is that I think I just really pushed myself to hard this past week; I was running all over God's creation for work, culminating in being in charge of shopping for, and setting up for our region's holiday luncheon on Friday. I was on my feet for the better part of the day, and I think this was my body's way of telling me to chill the eff out. So, that's exactly what I did for the past two days. I sat around, watched multiple episodes of TV shows I'd missed in the past few months, watched a few movies, and ATE. Boy did I eat. I took Sam out to play in the snow. I took naps. It was really quite lovely. I can't think of anyone I would have rather been snowed in with for two days than Dave and Sam (except maybe Natalie!), and I am thankful for the weather because it forced me to just chill out and not be on the go, like I so often am. I have 3 more full days of work and then ELEVEN days off... I cannot even begin to explain how amazingly awesome that is going to be. Once I'm back at work on the 4th, I feel like time is going to FLY!!! I won't lie, as excited as I am for Christmas and New Years just being around the corner, I am NOT looking forward to the marathon which is Christmas day... it would be really nice to be able to just hang here at the house, but alas... that isn't going to happen. We will be up and moving early, and finally come home and collapse at about 8 pm. At least this year Christmas is on a Friday so we have the entire weekend to chill afterwards... that'll be nice! But so help me God, next year, the rules of the game will change. More on that later :)

So what's new in baby world, you ask?

Well, I'm starting to get big, and moving at a much slower pace than before. As of today (Sunday), I am 29 weeks, 3 days. Kind of hard to believe that this little girl will be here in approximately 10 weeks. I am still feeling well, more or less... though sleeping has become an unpleasantly difficult task. I tend to sleep best when I'm on the couch, amazingly enough. But I am getting up to go to the bathroom 2-4x a night now... and waking up practically every hour just to reposition myself and get comfortable. I'm afraid that's only going to get worse as time goes on... so I've taken to just letting myself sleep on the couch when I fall asleep there... at least I tend to sleep a little better! Which is ridiculous because our bed is extremely comfortable.
Anyway - things are going well. In the home stretch now... and getting very excited to meet this little girl. Though I have a lot of fears (which I'll save for another post) looming over me, I think the anticipation of finally holding my baby in my arms is starting to overpower everything else.
My next doctor's appointment is Monday the 28th, and then I will start going every 2 weeks after that... until we're at 36 weeks, when they'll start seeing me every week! OMG!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment