Sunday, November 15, 2009

24 weeks, 3 days

Wow. Hard to believe that Natalie Diana Rolston will be here, in my arms, in only 16 short weeks.
Seems so far, but yet... not really!!! 16 weeks ago, we were getting ready to head to OCNJ for a brief but necessary getaway, and dreaming about the baby and all of the exciting adventures we'd have in the coming weeks/months.
I went to the doctor on Monday, and met with a different one in the practice - Dr. Alan Silverberg. He was super nice and I would totally go back to see him again. As of Monday I'd only put on 9.5 lbs, and amazingly my blood pressure is totally normal (given everything I've been going through with work, though that's for another post entirely...). Baby's heartbeat is still going strong at 150 bpm, and my belly is growing at just the pace it should be.
Oh, and she has decided to start kicking. A lot. I haven't really been able to figure out if she is on a schedule or not yet, though I do know she mostly comes to life at night. And especially when I eat. But it's so awesome to feel her little kicks and taps and whatever else she might be doing in there... she is definitely on the move a lot! Dave can't really feel her yet, but I have no doubt he will be able to soon.
In other news, we have decided to go forward with the basement renovation project. We are not doing it ourselves, but hiring a friend of a friend who is trying to kick-start his contracting business. I am SO excited to be able to utilize the space down there instead of dreading descending those rickety old stairs in fear of what eight-legged creatures I might encounter (though Dave swears there are none to speak of...)
But as soon as the basement is finished, which is actually looking like it might be mid-December (!!!!) we are going to begin preparing Natalie's nursery!!! We are still leaning towards having a Tigger mural painted, though I'm starting to think I might want to paint the walls a fun color first. I would go with purple, but our bedroom is already a shade of lavender-periwinkle, so I think we'll stay away from it. Maybe. We're venturing to Home Depot next week to get paint chips for our various projects (bathroom, basement, nursery) so I will collect a bunch and decide.
I am also going to drag Dave to Babies R Us register the weekend after Thanksgiving... I've been informed that there will be a shower thrown in my honor after the holidays, so I figure I might as well get on the ball! Plus, it's probably time to start realizing this little girl is coming and we're gonna need to prepare for her!!!!
So tomorrow is part 2 of our ultrasound - since little miss Rolston wasn't cooperating the first time around... we get to go back for a second try. Hopefully this time she will behave! Either way, it will be so good to get to see her again. It may actually be our last chance until she is here, live in person, with us... which is a really crazy thought!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment